Shoulder Handbag Collection
Shoulder handbags are made out of many different types of materials, including leather, suede, snakeskin, cotton, wool, and others, including synthetic materials. They are available in any color or pattern imaginable, and often feature decorative hardware such as rivets and eyelets, to name a few. Many people have different shoulder handbags for different occasions; for instance, a larger one for everyday use, and a smaller one for evening or dressy events.
- Tote - An open-top bag with straps or handles.
- Hobo bag - A crescent-shaped shoulder bag. This style is often soft and slouchy.
- Duffle - Tall shoulder bag, often with a wider opening on top.
- Field bag - A flap-top shoulder bag with utility-type closure (buckles, snaps, etc).
- Clutch - A small, handheld bag or a larger, geometric shape that is tucked under the arm or carried in your hand.
- Satchel- A large, handheld bag. Many satchels are structured.
- Baguette - Long and rounded shoulder bag resembling the namesake bread.
- Messenger - A large, soft shoulder bag with long straps (often worn across the body).
- Cigar Box - A small, boxy, hard bag.
- Pouch - A soft, small bag.
- Kelly bag - A classic Hermes style named after Grace Kelly; a large, structured handbag with distinctive hardware closures.
- Cross body bag - A bag -- often smaller in size -- that is worn across the body at an angle.
· The shoulder bags on Gucci’s spring/summer 2013 runway featured a long shoulder strap which allowed the handbag to rest at the hip. The shoulder bag was medium in size with a thin, one to two inch width. Gucci featured their signature horse-bit on the front of the shoulder bags with the handbags’ flap closure tucked neatly inside the bit. Gucci showed their spring/summer 2013 shoulder bags in both bright, solid colors as well as exotic skins.
· The daytime clutch collection on Gucci’s Milan Fashion Week runway was also shown in bright, solid colors as well as exotic skins. The clutches were about the same, medium size as the shoulder bag with the same signature bit on the front. Gucci’s spring/summer 2013 clutch collection also featured a flap closure which tucked neatly into the signature horse-bit.
Shoulder handbags are also referred to as purses or pocketbooks, and used for carrying various items such as a wallet, keys, a cell phone, glasses, makeup, or anything else that may be needed on a daily basis. A shoulder handbag features a strap that allows the bag to be hung on the shoulder while worn, differentiating it from a wristlet or other type of smaller purse which is meant to be carried in the hand. There are many different designs and types of shoulder handbags for varying preferences.